Episode #37-Moving from Anger to Peace When Parenting!
Hello my dear parents!
Join me today, as we discuss actions steps you can take to help you manage your anger when parenting. I know that sometimes, we feel a loss of control when we encounter our children doing things that are not appropriate, openly rebellious, or just simply alarming. The thing is, there are several things we can physically do that will help restore our feelings of control so that we can move into correction and instruction with kindness and love.
We are going to discuss some very helpful principles, such as:
- thinking about 70 x 7 when facing our children’s disobedience.
- verbalizing with sincerity our gratitude for our children’s unique gifts during conflict.
- the messages children learn during the visualization of kneeling in prayer in front of your children.
- creating a family theme song or parent song to re-set the button on the side of our brain.
- the power of a soft voice in the midst of a storm.
Finally, we will remember the truth that as parents, it is not our job to fix every issue, solve every problem, right every wrong. We are trying to teach our children who we rely on for all things. We are trying to show our children what Christ-like love looks like. We are trying to create a home environment where the spirit can be felt.
I hope you join us. It will be great fun and hopefully, you will take with you, a nugget of wisdom that will bless you and your family. That will be my prayer for you.